23 June 2009

It's Just Life Anyway

After a whirlwind 4 day trip back to colorado for my birthday (yes, here we are another year), I am back in DC and i can't believe my life.

last christmas, before going to el salvador i considered taking a few summer courses and graduating early, but decided against it. I revisited the idea at the end of last week and... i am going for it. and so july is going to be absolutely nuts!

i am a camp counselor at a peace camp july 6 - august 7, which, ironically enough are the same dates as my classes (though one of my class lasts until august 15...) so in 2 weeks (after a week at the beach with my aunt and cousin) this is going to be my life:

7 wake up
730 mass with the sisters
8 -ish jump on bus
9-3 peace camp!
4-530 a psych class
6-8 an art class

fridays i'll continue my work in the psych lab and work on campus (as i have been doing in the evenings) just on a few weekends a month.

ohmygoodness ohmygoodness!

then after aug 7, i will have a week of just my psych class, then a week of just camp (meanwhile writing a final paper for my lab work...) a weekend, an IV leadership retreat and then it will be my last semester.

and perhaps once i graduate (after a brief sprint to europe) i will return to work, WORK, in el salvador.

sometimes i wonder if this is a movie or a book or a dream. can it be real?

it's just life, anyway!

2 comments:

  1. So it is great to hear news from you on the phone! Your life is going to be crazy...AHHH and I do not just mean over the summer :)
    What art class are you taking? Hope you have as much fun with it as I did last semester!
    LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also took drawing...it was tons of fun! A nice break from more traditional classes. I really like Denver!

    ReplyDelete