hello!
so this one is less of a blog and more of a request to each of you to take about 5 minutes to be part of my final project for my liberation theology project. The assignment is to in some (creative) way represent how we have been liberated during our time in El Salvador. For me, in so many ways my time here has been a time of Liberation. So many boxes have exploded: my faith, my view of myself have both expanded through my relationships while I have been here and with this expansion and liberation I have been able to be in relationship, in friendships in a more complete way. In particular one way I have been liberated has been how I value myself. I realized here that when I think of myself I often think of all my mistakes, all of the things I could have done better or differently first. I have been learning to see the good in myself... and through that, have been able to see that my thoughts and feelings have more value than I tend to give them, and so I am (learning!) to speak from myself, to see the good in me to value myself enough to then be able to share my uncomforts with others.
so in the end, this really has been a circle, that through my relationships I have been able to see, to value myself, more and so then to be able to be more fully in relationships with the people who have been walking this journey with me.
Each of you reading this has been walking this semester with me and so you too have been a part of the process for me ... though maybe you didn't know it until now! So I would like to invite you to be a part of my project. Here it is:
I am making a quilt of squares, one square for each person who has been part of my liberation. In EL Salvador, this means I give you a square and you get to draw or write your answer...for you my friends back to home, it means please respond to the following in a message or email and I will write (or draw if you tell me to!) on the square for you.
in the center will be: what do you love about yourself? what about you makes you the most you?
on one side will be: please write me a short message about what you love about me
on another side: i will write a short message about what I love about you (and tell you in a replying email so you can know what i put)
much thanks and more love!
christy
No comments:
Post a Comment