This past Saturday we went to the beach, la playa costa del sol (Coast of the Sun Beach), about an hour away from where I´m living. At first I wasn´t sure if I wanted to go, feeling crazy overwhelmed with work--for classes, my praxis site, and feeling a dreadful need to organize my room and just myself. My main plan involved reading some of my homework, which I realized I could do just as well at the beach.
We arrived, and there was a monkey a cage right by where the bus parked, swig around making monkey noises. crazy. It was a private beach, with a large area covered with tables and chairs and a pool. And then..the sand, very hot, white, a little knoll, and the ocean, forever. We dropped our stuff at a table, and went immediately to the water, some running, some walking, most in groups, a few alone. I was alone and just walked slowly down, not sure if I wanted to get wet until I stepped into the water. It was so warm. I was sold. After spalshing for a bit, most people got out to sun bath, to play in the pool or i don't know what else...for me it was time to read, but I love the water, I felt so at home, and didn't want to leave, so I grabbed my book, and laid on my stomach in the wet sand where the waves washed gently around me and read. It was gentle except for when I slightly large wave would come and wash my feet up above my head, spinning me so i was no longer facing the shore. or at the very end, after which i decided to relocate, when I was tumbled, ended up somersaulting, spluttering water, and sat up laughing. Lightness and weight.
..tbc
No comments:
Post a Comment